These exceptional times of COVID-19 require that the Kenora Rowing Club implement exceptional measures, and that its members show exceptional discipline to ensure that we all stay healthy and still have a great rowing season. We will be opening in phases as COVID-19 restrictions lift, please continue to read below to learn more about the current phase and the Kenora Rowing Club’s COVID-19 Procedures.
The Club has developed a COVID-19 Code of Conduct that will be in effect for the 2020 rowing season (in addition to more specific and strict agreements for each phase). This document covers the main elements required at the Club to maintain appropriate physical distancing and sanitation measures. We request that members please read this document carefully.
Phase 2 – Begins July 6
***Masks are mandatory within the KRC boathouse, including when bay doors are open, effective Monday, August 17, 2020*** Read more about the NWHU and KRC mask policy under News.
Beginning on July 6, 2020, the Kenora Rowing Club is open to experienced members to row single sculls or doubles/pairs (with a commitment to row consistently with the same partner).
The Junior rowing program will also begin at this time for experienced junior athletes to row single sculls or doubles/pairs (with a commitment to row consistently with the same partner).
All members MUST follow the strict protocols below. Failure to comply with these protocols may result in temporary revocation of access rights to the boathouse.
WHO MAY ROW?
- Must be an active and fully paid 2020 registered member
- Singles and doubles/pairs are the only boats permitted on the water (must row consistently with the same partner considered as part of their “bubble” – no larger crews)
- Members MUST reserve your rowing time and shell in advance
SAFETY MEASURES AND PROTOCOLS:
- ONLY MEMBERS permitted in the boathouse and ONLY at their reserved rowing time.
- MASKS MANDATORY when inside the boathouse (effective August 17, 2020).
- You MUST complete the sign in/out sheet on each visit.
- You MUST sanitize your hands before handling the equipment
- You MUST disinfect the oar handles and seated area in the shell before and after use.
- The lockers and clubroom/kitchen are NOT available for use. Do not bring any baggage, gear, or equipment down to the Boathouse.
- Only TWO people are permitted per bay of the boathouse at a time. No more than SIX people in the boathouse at any one time. If more than TWO are in a bay or SIX in the boathouse, you are to wait until they exit in order to enter.
- You MUST follow social distancing guidelines at all times (an oar’s length). If you cannot maintain this distance you MUST wear a mask.
- Do NOT use the trash receptacles – except for discarded cleaning supplies, take your trash with you.
- Do NOT use the restroom unless absolutely necessary (emergency) – disinfect all surfaces after use (toilet, sink, door handle, etc.).
Learn to row programs are not running at this time.
Important Info for Phase 2 KRC Rowers
- Do These Once:
- Do These Every Time:
- Complete a COVID-19 self-assessment before heading to the club.
- Sign in and out at the club for every row.
- Wear a mask when inside the club, even if bay doors are open.
- Reserve your time and/or equipment in advance using the KRC Reservation Documents
- Follow the KRC Equipment Cleaning Procedures.
COVID-19 Links & Resources
- Webinar Video: Return to Rowing Planning
- Webinar Slides: Return to Rowing Planning
- Poster: Get In – Row – Get Out
- Poster: Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Poster: Frequency of Cleaning and Disinfecting