Kenora Rowing Club (KRC) has several categories of memberships:
- Junior Competitive: Competitive program that trains 4 mornings and two afternoons per week. Competes in sanctioned regattas. Must have completed a Learn-To-Row program, or participated in the High School Spring Rowing season. For athletes 19 years of age or younger.
- High School Spring Rowing Season: 5-week-long season between May 4 and June 7, for Kenora High School and Junior High School students. No rowing experience necessary.
- Adult Competitive: Competitive program that has 4 coached morning sessions per week. Can compete in sanctioned regattas. Must have completed a Learn To Row program. For athletes 20-99 years of age.
- Learn to Row: Program includes a safety video, introduction to the boathouse, description and understanding of the equipment used and 6 hours of on water sessions in training boats.
- IROW: To introduce school groups/ youth to rowing. Program includes a safety video, introduction to the boathouse, description and understanding of the equipment used and a water session in training boats.
- Adult Recreational: Adults who have completed learn to row, has full club privileges.
- Adult Recreation Punch Cards: same as Adult Recreation, just pay for a punch card of 6 rows.
- Family membership: up to four family members living under same roof for one fee. Learn to row may be included as desired. Please note this category will require payment by cheque not online payment. Register each individual in the appropriate program online but DO NOT PAY online.
2017 Spring/Summer Program Schedule
Junior Competitive: (for May & June)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 6:00 – 7:30 am
Saturday 8:30-10:30 am
High School Spring Season:
Tuesday: 6:00-7:30 am
Thursday: 3:45-5:30 pm
Friday: 6:00-7:30 am
Saturday: 8:30-10:30 am
Learn To Row (4 sessions/course):
Tuesday & Thursday Program: 6:00-7:30 pm
First block: June 6, 8, 13, 15
Second block: June 20, 22, 27, 29
Monday & Wednesday Program: 6:00-7:30 pm
First block: June 5, 7, 12, 14
Please contact [email protected] to notify club admin which program you are available for and interested in registering for.
Tuesday & Thursday : 8:00 – 9:00 am
Friday afternoons will be reserved for social events, boat loading, club clean up days, etc. Please do your part in supporting your club at these events, which includes volunteering, or bringing down friends, family, and coworkers. Let’s make this club a community!
If you have any questions about programs or schedules, feel free to email Coach Ashleigh at [email protected] To sign up for a Learn To Row course, email her with your preferred block, and she will add you to the schedule.
2017 Program & Fees
Junior/Adult Competitive – $375.00
High School Spring Season – $170.00
Learn to Row: $85.00
IROW — Please contact [email protected] for details
Adult Recreational — $355.00
Adult Recreational Punch Cards (6 rows) — $125.00
FAMILY MEMBERSHIP-$850.00(additional $100 per extra family member greater than four)
To sign up for any of these programs, Register Here